Do you want to be part of an innovative and progressive scale-up with the mission of offering clean and affordable mobility to everyone, everywhere?
In 2016, 5 visionaries started their mission to create a solar powered car available to everyone. They laid their groundwork at the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge, where they won this race with the first 4 person, road legal car. In June 2019, the first prototype was launched and the company exists of nearly 150 employees who all believe in this mission. Currently, Lightyear is getting ready for production. In order to so, the company is rapidly growing on all fronts.
RSG Finance is looking for a Financial Accountant to realise the growth of the finance department of Lightyear.
Wat ga je doen?
As Financial accountant you'll report to the VP Finance. Your duties are broad and include ensuring accurate, complete and timely processing of accounting transactions with consistent application of global accounting policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include proactive identification and implementation of process improvement initiatives and building and maintaining good relationships with business partners throughout the organization.
- Prepare and post monthly accrual and prepayment journal entries and other types of journal entries based on business requests;
- Proactively review the INFOR LN balances for area of responsibility and follow up on issues as needed prior to month end closure;
- Prepare and review reconciliations of the Chart of Accounts/G/L accounts, in line with the risk-based frequency identified within the relevant policies and procedures (to be set up);
- Perform the monthly-close accounting and financial reporting activities for the legal entities assigned, assist in analyzing and explaining variances in the results;
- Identify SOx controls in accordance with internal control guidelines and maintain evidence of control for area of responsibility;
- Maintain and update desk procedures as and when needed;
- Deliver expectations and take appropriate actions to continuously meet expectations of customers and governance functions in provision of accounting services.
Wat vragen we van je?
To succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear, pro activity, craftsmanship, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. Most of all, we are looking for someone who believes in their mission.
- A finished Master’s Degree in Accountancy/Finance or related fields;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience within a financial reporting role;
- Experience and knowledge of Dutch GAAP is a must and SOX, IFRS and INFOR LN knowledge is considered as a plus;
- Excellent communication in both Dutch and English are essential;
- You are detail oriented and have an analytical mindset;
- Hands-on mentality to achieve company purposes;
- You are pro-active, you take the initiative when needed and you are able to self-direct your performance. When it is needed to make journal entries you will also raise your sleeves;
- Exposure to technical knowledge of IFRS accounting principles related to a wide variety of topics. Hereby is specific knowledge about the process and recording of R&D costs a plus;
- You like to work in multi-disciplinary teams and manage the different stakeholders;
- Availability of 40 hours per week.
Wat krijg je van ons?
In addition to a challenging role as Financial Accountant, you also have the opportunity to work for a company with a real, honest and ambitious mission. This way you have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the future of mobility!
- Salary range between €3.500,- and €4.300,- depending upon experience;
- 40 vacation days per year;
- Flexible working hours;
- Excellent travel expenses;
- An interesting and well balanced pension plan that fits the Lightyear mission;
- An interesting share plan to really become part of Lightyear.
Do you recognize yourself within both the profile as well as the mission of the company? Please contact Dennis van Hoof of RSG Finance via phone at 06-15233436 or send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org