Looking for a role in which you can grow & develop?
Xeltis is looking for a financial controller to join the finance team. This position is an excellent opportunity if want to develop in a broad finance role. The start-up culture is still the core of the company, enabling opportunities and a sense to always further improve.
Xeltis is a clinical stage medical device company that is solely funded by its investors and public funding. Xeltis performs research and development activities to develop heart vessels and heart vessels using endogenous tissue restoration, a technology using the body’s natural healing system to grow living vessels and valves. The living vessels and valves provide in an unmet clinical need and is expected to significantly improve patients’ lives. The company has a young team, consisting of 30 employees from all over the world. “improving patients’ lives” is what drives us and to work with joy on a daily basis.
Wat ga je doen?
The Controller is responsible for the financial administration and preparation of financial reports. Furthermore you will be building a new team to process daily financial entries and support general improvement of processes in the finance department and to report to you. You will be in close contact with the business to enable accurate and completeness of financial and management reports. You will be the right-hand (wo)man of the finance director and be managing the following matters:
- Managing the financial administration, consisting of three entities. You will have 1 FTE reporting to you who handles the processing of purchase invoices, expenses declarations, bank statements, fixed asset ledger and intercompany transactions.
- Managing the payment of purchase invoices and salaries.
- Preparation of monthly closing procedures including checks and balances
- Preparation of monthly financial reports ( actuals, budget, forecast) for both internal and external reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Preparation of quarterly financial reports and annual (consolidated) financial statements
- Preparation of grant reports and coordination of audits
- Managing tax matters, including VAT, WKR, CIT and payroll taxes
- Managing the IT Google structure ( creating and deleting email addresses and periodic monitoring of access and delegation rights)
- Supporting and driving various projects to improve the financial administration
- First point of contact for suppliers, banks, insurance companies and auditors.
Wat vragen we van je?
- Relevant Bachelor/ Master degree (e.g. Business Economics, Accountancy), an additional post-Master is a plus;
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar role or as an auditor;
- Hands-on, analytical, accurate, eager to learn and grow;
- Good communication skills and a team player;
- Independent and takes responsibility;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Good knowledge of Excel;
- Experience with Exact is a plus.
Wat krijg je van ons?
- Competitive remuneration
- Personal and profession development options
- Full time in Eindhoven ( parttime can be discussed)
Interested in this role & organisation? Please contact: