Vion is an international producer of meat, meat products and plant based alternatives with production locations in the Netherlands and Germany. Vion has sales support offices in thirteen countries worldwide. Our four Business Units Pork, Beef, Food Service and Retail, provide fresh pork, beef, meat products, plant based alternatives and by-products for retail, foodservice and the meat processing industry. Vion supplies customers in the home markets of the Netherlands and Germany, as well as in other countries all over the world. Their headquarters are located in Boxtel, the Netherlands.
The IT Controller will report to the Director Group Control with a dotted line to the CIO. The Group Control Department has 4 sub-departments: FP&A, Financial Applications, Accounting, Reporting & Compliance and Business Analytics. The Group Control team is on a journey to further develop and increase efficiencies and effectiveness throughout the Company. This journey includes the development of innovative tools like Business Intelligence, Robot Process Automation, etc. This also applies to the IM&T department (Information Management & Technology), which obviously is strongly involved in these projects.
The IM&T department provides our organisation within all of its IT needs. The IM&T team works mainly from 3 locations in the Netherlands and Germany, with approximately 170 FTE and an annual spend of about €50m (OPEX) and a CAPEX budget of €15m to €20m.
The IT Controller is part of the FP&A department, but is also a key position within the IM&T Management Team working in the corporate offices in Boxtel. Further optimising of the budget and forecasting processes and further improvement of the relevance and reliability of management information will be an important part of the responsibilities. In addition the IT Controller has a main responsibility in the monitoring and governing the IT projects, which includes capitalisation of the internal hours of the IT projects in line with the accounting manual. Also, the development and implementation of improvements regarding transparency and clarity in the area of the internal control environment is a key responsibility for this role.
Other main responsibilities are:
• Provide solicited and unsolicited advice to the CIO in the areas of profitability, and the development of (project) costs, balance sheets and cash flows based on the planning & control cycle.
• Analysing (including the qualitative substantiation) the integral connections between the company’s policies, activities, resources and budget.
• Consolidating and explaining management the information on the (periodic) results achieved, including the correct connections between the accounting (SSC) and the actual activities.
• Ensuring the right costs are charged to the business units and operating companies that are supported by the IM&T department by optimizing the cross charge model and clear communication to all Finance/Controlling colleagues at the BU’s and at HQ, during budget and throughout the year
• Control the IT project portfolio, provide and challenge business cases for individual projects, monitor the running projects and provide insight in the impact of projects to the running costs.
• Development of 5 year Long term Plans (OPEX and CAPEX) with IM&T management team and BU.
We are looking for a responsible and energetic business partner with extensive experience in controlling, preferably IT controlling, within a large (international) context. You believe in your own ability to achieve results and feel responsibility to make a significant contribution in the further improvement and optimisation of the IT finance function in a proactive and forward-thinking way and like to drive changes. You will have extensive experience in a similar role, and have previously worked within a Management Team.
• 5-7 years financial business related experience;
• Master or Post Master degree in controlling or equivalent;
• Strongly analytical and conceptual – able to present in a convincing way, and to act quickly from the analysis of a situation towards action;
• Reliable and accurate – you work structured and precise – you are results-oriented and independent – your focus is on "getting things done", and you are able to plan your own work and set effective priorities;
• Innovative – you strive for success, identify opportunities and act accordingly – you start from yourself rather than passively waiting for others to act;
• In possession of strong communication skills –results of calculations translated into understandable advice;
• Knowledge of IFRS and internal control frameworks is preferred;
• Has a hands-on mentality, with tenacious attention to detail, and able to work exactly and precisely – you are pragmatic, when necessary;
• You can drive changes are resilient and can easy oversee the total overview of complex topics;
• You are occasionally expected to travel within the Netherlands and Germany;
• Your Dutch and English are fluent both orally and in writing, while German is a big plus.
Competitive salary package plus company car and 10%-bonus!
Naam: Dennis van Hoof
Telefoon: +31 6 23944294