Would you like to work within a challenging international retail environment?
Our client is a big international company. A big part of their finance activities are being done from the Netherlands. For their controlling team we are looking for someone who will make sure all financial reporting from the EMEA region are done timely and correctly!
Wat ga je doen?
Reporting to the CFO for Europe & Africa, the candidate will supervise a small team of 2 Financial Analysts and he/she will:
- Coordinate the preparation of the budgets / forecasts of the entities within scope, interacting with different stakeholders and following the functional guidelines set by Global Controlling at HQ;
- Review and provide input to the CFO Europe & Africa for the sign-off of the Financial Statements of 30 entities within the scope;
- Coordinate the follow up of the financial performance of the entities within the scope, interacting with different stakeholders and following the functional guidelines set by Global Controlling at HQ;
- Provide Global with ideas to improve Planning & Controlling related processes & tools, as well as will support the implementation of those;
- Guide Country Finance teams in Planning & Controlling related matters.
Support the CFO Europe & Africa in:
- Ensuring compliance with Group´s financial policies and procedures along with local regulation in relation with financial, accounting and fiscal matters, monitoring compliance with those;
- The review of tender documents, business plans, preparation or direct involvement on contract negotiations;
- The analysis of topics passed for resolution by the Board of Directors of the entities within scope;
- Monitoring FSSC Service Levels and facilitating the resolution of eventual Service Levels disputes with Countries, escalating to the CFO Europe & Africa as required;
- Monitoring of Financial Internal controls and the eventual mitigation measures at regional level, under the overall coordination and overview by HQ;
- Coordinating certain Treasury related topics, especially in connection with cash management, in cooperation with Group Treasury, running sanity reviews & checks on Country´s requests to HQ;
- Ad hoc activities as required!
Wat vragen we van je?
We are looking for a candidate with this profile:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Proven experience of a minimum of 7-10 years in positions with similar responsibilities to the ones described before;
- Background within audit is considered a plus, especially experience with IFRS;
- Experience within the Retail sector is considered a big plus!;
- Fluent in English is a must; knowledge of other European languages may be a plus;
- Experienced in the use of Financial Reporting tools, preferably in HFM/Essbase;
- Advanced level in Excel / Powerpoint;
- Strong analytical skills, assertiveness and resilience;
- Used to work in a context of very tight deadlines;
- Good communicator / team-worker;
Wat krijg je van ons?
Competitive salary based on background;
Full time job;
Do you recognize yourself within this profile, please contact Dennis van Hoof via email@example.com / 06-23944294 or apply via this vacancy!